What is the Best Day Cream for Men?
What is the Best Day Cream for Men? Why are we even talking about “day cream?”
Fellas, listen up! I know right about now you’re all thinking “I don’t need to really worry about my skin that much.” Now, it’s cool, we hear you. You had some annoying zits as a teenager and once in awhile one still pops up. You don’t really have wrinkles or if you do, well, so what? We’ll tell you what: You need to take care of your skin! Now you need to understand a few basic things because that is how you will identify the best day cream for men. Speaking of which…
What is Day Cream?
A day cream is a multitasking face cream that moisturizes skin, protects it from free radicals & UV damage, and often acne or anti-aging benefits amongst others. Since you’re more exposed to the sun during the day, day creams also tend to exclude active ingredients like retinol, glycolic acid, or alpha hydroxy acids, which can all irritate the skin when exposed to the sun.
If You Want to Find the Best Day Cream for Men, You Need to Understand Your Man Skin.Most skincare products are designed for women’s skin and this means that you have to really understand the difference in order to find a good men’s day cream. So, ever wonder why women are always cold and you just want to crank up the AC because you’re really hot? There’s a pretty good reason, your skin is 25% thicker than that of a woman. But there’s a little catch here which is that your skin starts gradually thinning right away but women’s skin stays the same thickness until they hit menopause. After that it thins out.
- Your skin has a higher collagen density than a woman’s. Because of this naturally occurring collagen density difference, it is more common for women to show premature age signs faster than men even though they are of the same age. That’s why ladies are always looking into those anti-aging creams and you’re sitting there wondering why? BUT BE WARNED! When your wrinkles do show up at a much older age, they show up in full force like father-time smacked you in the face one morning.
- You are prone to some serious acne attacks, because of larger pores and more sebum production. This means that if you have problem-prone skin such as breakouts, clogged pores, blackheads and seborrheic dermatitis, it’s going to be nastier and take longer to deal with. Your level of sebum production remains the same throughout your life while in women it decreases with age. So when you’re getting old you still get those annoying pimples right in the middle of your nose.
- Your skin’s texture is rough and tough because of a thicker stratum corneum, the outer-most layer of the skin. This is also the cause to the difference in facial wrinkling that develops over the years, where you are prone to developing deeper facial wrinkles also associated with subcutaneous fat loss.
- To put it bluntly, shaving makes your facial skin more irritated. You may even rack up 16,000 shaves over a lifetime. When you shave you basically take away the top layer of skin and expose immature, more vulnerable skin. So there is some serious irritation going on that you need to be aware of.
- The fact that you sweat more is a double edged sword. On one hand, it also means that your skin is more hydrated but on the other hand, it means that your skin is exposed to the itching and irritation from dried sweat.
Now with all this in mind, we can identify the best day cream for men.
Choose a Soothing Face Cream for Irritated Skin.
Well, now that we know that razor burn from shaving along with itchy and irritated skin from sweating is your man skin’s number one enemy, you’re going to need a soothing face cream for irritated skin. Look for ingredients that are both anti-inflammatory and soothing like Aloe Vera & Jojoba Oil.
An Oil Control Face Cream is a Must!
Since we’ve established that your larger pores and higher levels of Sebum production mean that your face has a good chance at looking like the surface of the Moon, you need to make controlling your skin’s oil production a priority. A good oil control face cream is going to have ingredients that keep pores clear and manage the skin’s natural Sebum production. Hemp Seed Oil is an outstanding ingredient for just this task.
Consider a Skin Firming Face Cream
Just because the wrinkles and fine lines don’t show up on your face as early as they do on women’s, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be taking some preventative actions, especially because everybody ages a little differently or if you are the truly manly man, you may have some whiskey and cigar aging signs anyway. Look for a skin firming face cream with Vitamin E which has properties that are excellent at smoothing wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging.
Be Healthy, Get an Organic Day Cream
We’re now at the point where you actually care about your skin enough to even consider buying day cream for it. So why not follow through and make sure to keep your skin away from the harmful effects of chemicals and other synthetic ingredients that are found in many day creams by getting an organic day cream.
We recommend O Naturals Active Moisturizing Day Cream.
We think the best day cream for men is O Naturals Active Moisturizing Day Cream. This organic day cream was formulated to provide your skin with protection throughout the day. It nurtures and moisturizes your skin. This oil control face cream is enriched with Aloe Vera and Hemp Seed Oil. These organic ingredients provide a perfect ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids. The Omega-3 and Omega-6 contain natural anti-aging properties and restore moisture to dry skin. What is even better is that Hemp Seed Oil does this without clogging your pores and controls the skin’s oil production.
O Naturals Moisturizing Day Cream is lightly enriched with Shea Butter, offering a concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids. These nutrients maintain the perfect amount of moisture throughout the day.
Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that also provides moisture. This acts as a natural anti-aging agent by blocking free radicals and having an anti-inflammatory effect.
Sacha Inchi Oil is the richest oil found in Omega-3. Exceptionally high in fatty acid content, this rich oil is perfect for regenerating and healing skin. With its anti-aging properties, this oil is skin’s best friend when it comes to combating fine lines and wrinkles. This makes this the perfect skin firming face cream.
Olive Oil, plant-derived Squalane, and Jojoba Oil are guaranteed to add elasticity, all while protecting and pampering the skin. Jojoba Oil is a great anti-inflammatory making this the perfect soothing face cream for irritated skin.
The pure Hyaluronic Acid forms a protective barrier at the surface of the skin, offering optimal hydration and protection against free radicals.